kidattypewriter

Saturday, June 27, 2015

If the Romantics were grumps

Wordsworth
I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills
When suddenly I saw a crowd,
A host of golden daffodills.

Well, I soon cleaned that lot up.

Shelley
I met a traveller from an ancient land
And wish he'd bloody well stay there!

Coleridge
In Xanadu did Kublai Kahn
A stately pleasure dome decree.
And all without health and safety regulations! I mean, geeze, it's a wonder we get anything done around here with all these stupid rules. Now that Kahn! There was a ruler who could bung up a city block or too!

Blake
And did those feet in ancient time
Walk upon England's mountain's green?
And look at the mess we're all in now! It's just obscene!

Shelley, again
O wild west wind, thou breath of autumn's being -
Who left the bloody window open anyway?

Barrett Browning
How much do I love thee? Let me count the ways:











Well, that was a short list.

No comments:

Email: timhtrain - at - yahoo.com.au

eXTReMe Tracker

Blog Archive