kidattypewriter

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Where the Hell Am I

I'm back in Melbourne, that's where.

And why the hell am I there (that is, here?)

To put it simply, I have no work to do in the countryside. It was just over one week ago today that I headed back to Serpentine and my brother to find out what was going on, and I stayed there for just over three days. Here's how the conversation went:

(Arriving at the door of my brother's house with a bag in hand)

Lachlan:Hi.

Me: Hi.

Lachlan: So how was Melbourne?

Me: Good.

Lachlan: OK.

Me: So is there any work here?

Lachlan: No.

Me: Any idea when more work will come up?

Lachlan: No.

Me: Alright. I'll see you later then.

Lachlan: See you.

(I pick up my bags and leave)

That's, more or less, the only thing that happened for the entire time I was in Serpentine. (Oh, and I seem to recall watching an episode of Doctor Phil, and going to Bendigo once.)

So, here I am in Melbourne; for the past few days I've been looking for odd jobs around Melbourne; if something reasonable comes up in the next few weeks, I'll consider staying here for a few months. If not, I'll head back down to Serpentine and finish the job there.

In the meantime, I've been having fun hobnobbing with bloggers and generally making a nuisance of myself. Tonight I'll be going to the Incredible Melk's show at the Kitten Club, and strongly urge all other readers to do so. Even if you're not in Melbourne - and even if you don't exist.

That is all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You watched Dr Phil?

So now you must be in the know about everything.

Hope Melbourne is proving to be fun.

Jellyfish said...

I exist! I'm doing a whole bunch of existing, here, pal! It's just that my existence is currently so woeful I have nothing to say about it.

TimT said...

So sorry!, referring to the comments on your post re: bloggers being fictional/non-exist entities.

Jellyfish said...

Hah! It's okay, I knew what you meant. Never can resist having a whinge about my life, is all.

Email: timhtrain - at - yahoo.com.au

eXTReMe Tracker

Blog Archive