She was there on the cover of a magazine that sat on the filing cabinet that was next to the desk of a fellow worker yesterday. I recognised her face - it was one of those faces that, once you see it, you realise you have seen it a thousand times in other places accompanied by her name - but I still didn't remember her name. The magazine was one of those magazines that I don't read, but which typically carry on their cover the faces of actors or actresses that you instantly recognise, and carry within their covers the faces of other actors and actresses that you don't recognise, either. Sometimes, they also carry the names of actors and actresses that you remember, but you can't, for the life of you, attach to any particular face. They are then circulated to people all over the world, who read it and enjoy not remembering the names that are not mentioned, and not recognising the faces that are not photographed.
I guess that's what it means to be famous: people you don't recognise, and names you don't remember, appearing in magazines you don't read, full of stories you don't care about: anonymity, ubiquity, enormity.
O anonymous amorphous multinational allegedly sentient entity, I think I am indifferent about you.
UPDATE! - Oh look, the anonymous amorphous multinational allegedly sentient entities had a big awards ceremony, which I didn't watch.
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2016 (54)
- ► 2015 (106)
- ► 2014 (135)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- ► 2011 (261)
- We wish you a merry pilchard
- The methods in the method in my madness
- Hold your nose
- Patrick White, demon hunter
- Accidental haiku
- Four gigantic poems
- I have a very nice ticket
- I have just made a zine about an octopus
- Marcus Clarke updated
- Reverse couplet
- Lame superheros #2
- On misquoting
- A short story, containing nothing much about somet...
- Onomatopoeic words which don't exist, but should
- Tim's graveyard of one-liners
- Living on the Pledge
- Racist biscuits!
- Excitement city!
- The alarm cat
- The morning WTFF market report
- The gobsmacking anonymity of the situation
- A happy poem with the word 'ebola' in it
- What a nice day for a picnic, let's just climb tha...
- ▼ March (24)
- ► 2009 (290)
- ► 2008 (316)
- ► 2007 (392)
- ► 2006 (373)
- ► 2005 (287)