Upon the dawning of this glorious day, I rose joyously from bed with hope in my heart and a clear plan in my mind as to the proceedings that would proceed thereon. Briskly, I donned my best turquoise tracky-dacks, and swiftly I pulled on my luxuriant grey cardigan, before proceeding out into the domicile to proceed with my, er, proceedings.
To the Comfortable Couch I marched, and shrewdly set up shop there. A small porridge, two cups of coffee, and a short perusal of the internet later, and I was entirely ready for my plan to take effect. All that was lacking for my preparatory stratagems to come to fruition was this: a cat.
We of course have two specimens of this, well, species habituating our, um, habituation, but right at the present time (that present time being about an hour past) the felines were busily manifesting themselves in the garden, chasing after dear little mice, and hunting down various endangered avian species, and engaging themselves in various other adorable activities, and could not immediately be won over.
It is futile to procure a cat when the said cat does not supervise the procuring of itself, by itself. Although it may be possible to grasp said feline and carry it inside, it will soon find a way of swirling itself out of one's arms and will look at you with suspicion for many hours following. Trickery may from time to time be employed (calling them in for a treat), but again the end result will not be compliance or gratitude but suspicion.
Therefore, the only thing to do was to lay hold of the virtues of patience and fortitude, and to wait. I therefore determined to sit where I was - a very easy task as where I was was a couch - and do just that, until such time as a cat procured themselves.
And I sat; and I sat; and I sat some more.
I would have become entirely overwhelmed with boredom but for, on the other hand, internet, and comfortable couch.
Fortune, as they say, favours the bold, or perhaps in this case it favours the lazy, for, in due course, a cat did indeed procure themselves, and just the right sort of cat too*, and in due course of that due course, that cat elevated herself to a comfortable position upon my lap, richly covered in turquoise tracky-dacks, and proceeded to curl up, and shed all manner of hairs over my computer.
And that, as they say, is that.
*ie one of ours.
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2016 (58)
- ► 2015 (106)
- ► 2014 (135)
- ► 2013 (173)
- Crimbo Australiana
- The moon must die
- An oestrogen and run incident
- Questions for year 12 students
- A productive day at work
- Help! Help! There's tomato juice leaking out of my...
- The appreciative drunkard
- Short poem
- The thunking of thinks
- The fable of the five bricks
- Three complicated technical operations that I have...
- Unfascinating fascinators
- Important thought for these complicated times
- The student essay, now with less gorm
- Reporter speaks in front of superimposed image
- The procession of the proceedings in the due cours...
- ▼ November (17)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (288)
- ► 2009 (290)
- ► 2008 (316)
- ► 2007 (392)
- ► 2006 (373)
- ► 2005 (287)