The brand new computer arrived in the mail two days ago, as well as the boxed edition of Buffy, seasons one to seven, complete. The latter offered unprecedented opportunities for procrastination, the former was to be used mostly for work purposes. They arrived on exactly the same day. Why do the heavens spite me so?
Anyway, in between setting up the brand new computer, watching Buffy, putting off setting up the brand new computer for a bit, watching more Buffy, and watching more Buffy as a way of putting off setting up the brand new computer even more, I've been privileged to watch the first few motes of domestic cat hair drift idly by and settle themselves amongst the new keys of the brand new computer. I have also contributed to this by letting the occasional whimsical strand of beard unplug itself from my face, drift idly around in ever decreasing circles, and finally settle itself on the same brand new computer.
On another occasion, in another context entirely, I have been known to say on the question of beards and the preparation of food and drink, "beards add flavour, like cat hair." I like to think that this piece of wisdom still holds true, and would be willing to put it to the test in the case of my new computer. However, this would involve licking - and possibly munching away for a bit - at the keyboard. Live electrical circuitry could become involved. There could be difficulties.
I think I'll just watch Buffy instead.
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2015 (94)
- ► 2014 (135)
- High drama on Brunswick Street
- I'll hyphen you
- New devices for feline exploration acquired
- Alleged factualities and factual allegednous about...
- The nine muses of social media
- My new laptop
- New South Welsh
- Buffy, beards, and brand new computers
- Miserables, Les?
- How to stuff a potato
- Cliche Poem
- Iceland the niceland
- How to celebrate New Year
- Culinary contemplations
- ▼ January (14)
- ► 2012 (275)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (288)
- ► 2009 (290)
- ► 2008 (316)
- ► 2007 (392)
- ► 2006 (373)
- ► 2005 (287)