Following a link from David, I came across this article about the Last Uncontacted People in the World.
'Last' is a relatively, well, relative word in this context. Why do big international magazines always seem to pop up, every now and then, with an article on the last uncontacted people in the world? How uncontacted does a tribe have to be before they're included in these magazine articles on uncontacted people?
Such is the frequency with which 'last' uncontacted tribes pop up in these articles, one suspects the big international magazines of storing them away for future use, cramming them back in the forests for another three decades before recontacting the last uncontacted people in the world, again. But, you know, 'latest previously contacted tribe to be recontacted' doesn't exactly have the same attention-grabbing quality, I suppose. Or 'previously known tribe of people continue to exist in a relatively normal fashion' - who'd want to read that on their paper? One expects one's remote tribes to be precious, endangered, and all that. Certainly not continuing to live their lives as usual. That's just damned rude.
It'd be bloody annoying to be a member of one of the latest uncontacted tribes, though. Bloody hell, it's a magazine team again, better bring out the shrunken heads of the editors just to make a good show...
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2016 (71)
- ► 2015 (106)
- ► 2014 (135)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- Rong and write
- How to spell 'hmm' in seventeen syllables
- Eye see
- If they're uncontacted, how about spectacles?
- Dictionary of words that scrabble doesn't accept b...
- Question for the day
- With single minded pedantry, waging a war against ...
- A rather civilised song
- Here I sit! I can do no other! Except possibly sta...
- Smoking loudly on a moving zine fair
- How to fit France and Germany into the borders of ...
- Chap off the old block
- Remark remark remark comma remark remark comma rem...
- The ruthless Darwinian struggle for existence and ...
- An ode to the bureau of meteorology
- Contemperaneous and relevating
- My brilliant gardening career
- Great parlour games of our Tim
- ▼ February (20)
- ► 2010 (288)
- ► 2009 (290)
- ► 2008 (316)
- ► 2007 (392)
- ► 2006 (373)
- ► 2005 (287)