kidattypewriter

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Implementing productivity goals

Normally in the morning I like to potter around for a bit, writing up a little something on the computer, make some coffee, prepare a sandwich, and get in a chapter or two of the book I'm reading before going off to work. If I don't fit in one or two activities into the morning then it really doesn't feel that productive.

This morning, after a few perfunctory attempts at doing, you know, stuff, I completely gave up on it and flopped back into bed, and was shortly joined by a cat. Bea stalked up and down over a couple of stomachs, and popped herself neatly onto the pillow next to my head. Consequently, the last half hour before I betook myself off to work filled itself up quite easily and nicely with activities consisting of

- Patting Bea.
- Stroking Bea.
- Tickling Bea behind the ears.
- Opening up the blankets to let Bea in and out.

It was an amazingly productive morning. It felt far more productive than my usual morning activities, and I think I'll take it as instruction for my future ways. Tomorrow, I might focus on growing my beard a little. The day after, I'll compare Harriet's eyelashes with Bea's eyelashes to see whose is longer. Now that's the way to get things done.

No comments:

Email: timhtrain - at - yahoo.com.au

eXTReMe Tracker

Blog Archive