Yesterday at work, instead of sending me a technical email about the job we were doing over the internet, C. sent me the email using her voice. It was a nice thought - it reminded me of the time that we all sent one another emails using our voice, all the time. We called it 'talking'. Also, instead of typing in emoticons into the computer using apostrophes and semi-colons and em-dashes, we'd broadcast the emoticons to one another using our faces - a process we called 'smiling' or 'frowning'.
Now, call me an old fuddy duddy if you will, but I think that that old method of sending emails to and fro, and communicating inconsequential but nonetheless interesting facts to one another, by 'talking' and 'smiling', had its charms. I think we should all do it more often. I myself have 'talked' to several people today, and received emails back from them. This 'talking' is quite useful and fun, in its own way.
So much so, that I'm going to do it for a few more days - I'm going to Newcastle, where I'll be sending a wide number of emails to my parents by means of my hitherto little-used 'mouth' (the software which I use for 'talking' and 'smiling'). It's true that it may be a little difficult to do blog posts with this 'talking' technology, so don't expect too much out of me for the next few days.
Have a great weekend!
*Amazing technological developments: this title does not apply to Jetstar, who are taking me to Newcastle via the amazingly circuitous route of Sydney, from whence I will be catching a bus up the Pacific Highway.
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2016 (60)
- ► 2015 (106)
- ► 2014 (135)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (288)
- ► 2009 (290)
- Ice-cream the world!
- Zimbalkavietnovietunionisation , the economic theo...
- Review of a cereal program, in two parts
- Important points to consider
- Inclusive and happy song for colour-blind people
- Culture jamming
- Somebody send for the Zeppelin man!
- Our new marketing scheme is nuts, not to mention c...
- Subversive plus permissive equals submissive!
- Unhappy chappy
- Draw your own conclusions
- Advice to Politicians
- Occasioned for the prime
- That wonderful, all purpose food product, mostly u...
- Poem for the day
- How to get into arguments with inanimate objects
- "Media" "Watch"
- Laxatives for leftists
- If public transport ran time travel...
- A little talk about death
- I couldn't be prouder
- Overcrowding on the trains
- Amazing technological developments!*
- One talking aping two - thoughts on some poetry by...
- The music quiz!
- Very awesome, that's what
- Interesting people who you probably haven't heard ...
- ▼ October (29)
- ► 2007 (392)
- ► 2006 (373)
- ► 2005 (287)