Monday, October 13, 2008

Poem for the day

Observe this man: George Bernard Shaw.
His beard is long! It scrapes the floor!

It makes him look quite shrewd and grave -
(A Shavian, he never shaved.)

Though Fabian, he told no fables,
But told the truth whenever able.

A noted modern dramatist,
And famous epigrammatist,

He'd love to epi- me or you.
I'd like to epigram him too:

I can't. Alas! He is quite dead!
This is an epitaph instead.


Ampersand Duck said...

In my next life I'm marrying you. Life would never be dull.

Dale Slamma said...

It could be dull, there is a possibility of Tim sitting in the next room composing poems about Mr Shaw and his ilk and never talking or moving at all. Unless there is a giant keyboard on the floor on which Tim composes things by jumping from letter to letter in a vigorous manner.

Ampersand Duck said...

Ooh, like the keyboard in BIG! See, that wouldn't be dull.

TimT said...

I'm still working on typing with my feet. I'm a touch-foot typist.

Revving the Engine said...

Nice work, coming from a beardless poet.

Email: timhtrain - at -

eXTReMe Tracker

Blog Archive

About Me

My Photo
Me person. Live in world. Like stuff. Need job. Need BRAINS! (DROOLS IN THE MANNER OF ZOMBIES) Ergggggh ...