A cutting edge international comedian conformed to bourgeois expectations by subverting them yesterday in his one man show!
The comedian, who refuses to be named except by his first and last titles, is just one of many exciting international comedians and artists to be in Melbourne in the coming weeks, all of who promise to subvert bourgeois expectations in unexpectedly expected ways. It's all part of the MELBOURNE SCRINGE FESTIVAL! (Disclosure: this paper has nothing to do with the Melbourne Scringe Festival, apart from being a major sponsor.)
Excitedly anticipating excited anticipation!
And this year's Melbourne Scringe Festival has been greeted with excited anticipation by those people who normally excitedly anticipate such events!
MARIE, 42, works at an inner-city bookshop, selling books written by middle-aged inner-city dwelling people to other middle-aged inner-city dwelling people about the narrow, inward-looking bourgeious world view shared by middle-aged inner-city dwelling people. "I love the Melbourne Scringe Festival," says Marie. "I really look forward to having my narrow, inward-looking bourgeois world-view shattered this year, just as happens to me every year."
ROD, 45, owns and runs a busy cafe on Lygon Street, Carlton, but feels guilty about it. He says of the coming Scringe Festival: "Finally, my conservative world-view will be confronted and subverted. I feel comforted by this."
COLLETTE, 33, runs a clinic in St Kilda for recovering bogans. "It's about time I was taken out of my staid old life and introduced into the vibrant, cosmopolitan world of modern art," she says. "Thank you, Melbourne Scringe."
Events that may or may not happen!
Just some of the acts at this year's Scringe:
REN TODGE is an internationally respected artist, from one side of Fitzroy to the other! He specialises in subtly exaggerated stereotypes of bogans he grew up with. "It's not racist," he cries, "because I am a bogan!"Ren Todge's cutting-edge conformist comedy is sure to make a hit on the Melbourne stage again at this festival!
DANNY MUDDLE's comedy is like no other. Muddle's startlingly original act consists of performing left-wing stereotypes of right-wing politicians before a left-wing audience; by mocking people of different races, subversively. As one reviewer says, in reviewing his show, "If it wasn't subversive, it would be offensive!"
MUCH MORE TO COME!
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2016 (71)
- ► 2015 (106)
- ► 2014 (135)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (288)
- ► 2009 (290)
- Ice-cream the world!
- Zimbalkavietnovietunionisation , the economic theo...
- Review of a cereal program, in two parts
- Important points to consider
- Inclusive and happy song for colour-blind people
- Culture jamming
- Somebody send for the Zeppelin man!
- Our new marketing scheme is nuts, not to mention c...
- Subversive plus permissive equals submissive!
- Unhappy chappy
- Draw your own conclusions
- Advice to Politicians
- Occasioned for the prime
- That wonderful, all purpose food product, mostly u...
- Poem for the day
- How to get into arguments with inanimate objects
- "Media" "Watch"
- Laxatives for leftists
- If public transport ran time travel...
- A little talk about death
- I couldn't be prouder
- Overcrowding on the trains
- Amazing technological developments!*
- One talking aping two - thoughts on some poetry by...
- The music quiz!
- Very awesome, that's what
- Interesting people who you probably haven't heard ...
- ▼ October (29)
- ► 2007 (392)
- ► 2006 (373)
- ► 2005 (287)