kidattypewriter

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Mraow!

Yesterday night I got home after having a dinner out, and found a fine white snow on the floor underneath the table. The cats, it turned out, had been making merry while I was out, and happily tearing up my latest copy of the New Yorker.

This morning I found a forlorn fragment of literature (from the same magazine) on the bathroom floor. Here is what it says:

structure by
flung compo
see their lo
with Al Q
and Zaw
and di
Che
M
O
a
t
O
n
I

(and on the other side)

ed
Bush
k in one c
broadly. If the
were meant in
e that would
opular in the
succeeded.
at a set of
errorist
good
alcu
he
d
e
.
t
e
s

It seems to me to be at least arguable that this is a marked improvement on the literary quality of the article in question.

Meanwhile, this morning the cats are sleeping on the chair, and in the box, respectively. They look positively mesmerising.

I have become convinced that cats, and possibly babies as well, are able to mesmerise one through the use of mind control beams and/or Soviet-style hypnotic suggestion. This theory seems to fit all the available evidence.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Hey, it's a "found poem." Those cats are genius!

[Word verification today is "chodisp" -- also seems poetic in its way.]

Ampersand Duck said...

They must be true literary types. My cats have never shown the slightest interest in paper, apart from cardboard boxes. I'm quite jealous.

TimT said...

They're sophisti-cats.

Email: timhtrain - at - yahoo.com.au

eXTReMe Tracker

Blog Archive