We were putting the finishing touches to another zine last night, the Baron and I. Or rather, the Baron was putting the finishing touches to the zine, while I looked on. The zine was the second issue of Badger's Dozen, and here's how the proceedings, er, proceeded:
- We put a number of Badger pictures in the opening editorial, which was called 'Badgertorial', just to make the point that this was written by a Badger.
- We illustrated a nice poem by nice Michael Reynolds. The poem contains a passing reference to nuns. So we put a picture of a nun in it.
- A short story by Eddy Burger called Light Is Evil was illustrated with a picture of an evil light-globe. I mean, it had fangs and everything (the light globe, not the story). And because there was space left over at the end of the second page, I drew a picture of a leaf, and gave it the title Portrait of the leaf as a slightly younger leaf, and stuck it in.
- A series of mock-DVD reviews by Tim about a television detective were illustrated by a duck. We gave the duck sunglasses and a pipe, which made it a detective duck. Oh, and the article concluded with a picture of Badger watching the television.
This illustrating thing is quite a lark, isn't it? So much so, that next issue of Badger's Dozen I'm toying with the idea of including a picture-that-caption competition - just like a caption-that-picture competition, but in reverse, so I'll include a caption, and you have to think of a witty picture to go with it. Something like:
"Oh, tea again?"
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2017 (30)
- ► 2016 (71)
- ► 2015 (106)
- ► 2014 (135)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- ► 2011 (261)
- Deadlines? I spit on deadlines!
- Ignoring the behemothian beam in my own ocular cav...
- Working-class interlude
- Prepare to enter the temple of poorly-thought-out ...
- Issue two!
- They'll be big twits, too
- Wonders of Australian geography!
- Let's have a little torque
- In memory of the unremembered
- Word word word word word word picture
- Train trip haiku
- Never underestimate misunderestimation
- If people were like cats
- Thoughts after attending the book launch of Miscel...
- On the relephance of elephants
- The day the day off took the day off
- I do like a good fnargle
- Art criticism
- Water way to run a station
- ▼ April (23)
- ► 2009 (290)
- ► 2008 (316)
- ► 2007 (392)
- ► 2006 (373)
- ► 2005 (287)