1) They make funny little noises at the birds.This situation all seems perfectly logical, if you are a cat.
2) The birds fly into their mouths.
3) They eat the birds.
4) Everyone is happy.
Well, this morning the Baron and I were outside with Harriet the Grey, and a plane went overhead, and I fancy I saw Harriet look at it with a similar sort of interest to that with which she looked at birds. Indeed, a similar scenario may have been playing out in her head.
1) Harriet makes funny little noises at the plane.Hey, don't scoff. It could happen.
2) Plane crashes immediately, shards of metal go everywhere.
3) Harriet goes over and rubs herself against a shard of metal.
4) The passengers, all miraculously unwounded, go over and pat her.
5) Everyone is happy.