Yesterday, I took Mum and my brother to Williamstown, a touristy suburb on the bay that has a normally fairly busy shopping strip. Being a Monday, everyone had decided to stay inside and consequently many of the stores were closed. Still, we got some icecream and went down to the park, where the following conversation occured:
ME: Well Mum, here's the bustling suburb of Williamstown.
MUM: Where's the bustling? We haven't got to that bit yet.
ME: (Looking down the street, which is empty of anyone except the occasional shopkeeper standing outside waiting for a customer to arrive) Well... there's a bus. So there you go. It has to be bustling.
Incidentally, on her visit Mum noted an oddity about Melbourne suburbs - they're the same as other suburbs elsewhere, but they often come with an added 's'. William(s)town, Broadmeadow(s)...
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2015 (106)
- ► 2014 (135)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (288)
- From the gigantic book of generalisations for ever...
- Forgetfullness Day
- Hard to believe
- Contradictorily contradistinction
- Cultural corner
- "Perfectly hellish weather!" Ralph said.
- Tedium unmedium
- Fog you!
- Ruling from the editorial desk
- An open letter to tomorrow's me
- Like, influence
- Countdown! Z, Y, X...
- An important issue
- Three news stories at once
- Dimericks: dull, dismal, dreary, depressing, or Da...
- What a thrilling life mine must be
- Cosmetic surgery on plastic people goes wrong
- One from the archives
- Lactose intolerance
- Words that haven't quite made it into the dictiona...
- Anxiety encountered on being greeted by a person w...
- Conversational snippet
- Random wintery observation
- Random comment after reading a snippet in The Aust...
- ▼ May (24)
- ► 2008 (316)
- ► 2007 (392)
- ► 2006 (373)
- ► 2005 (287)