The Green Left Weakly have just posted a list of political websites they deem worthy and/or interesting. Like Polichicks, a website in which activists, wearying of cliched leftist propaganda, have instead resorted to ... wearing cliched leftist propaganda. Or like John Howard Lies, a website full of brilliant, subtle, and witty headlines such as the following:
John Howard is now an environmentalist or is it just another lie?
Iraq War not just based on a lie, but was illegal: UN Chief
Peter Costello Lies Too
(I'm just guessing here, but I don't think these guys like John Howard.)
And actually, it's a good thing that there are so many anti-John Howard websites. Dislike of politicians is great, in my books. But that's no excuse to resort to hackneyed arguments, cliches, depressingly unoriginal content, and banal political correctness.
In an attempt to get cheap laughs out of this list of websites helpfully provided by the Green Left, I have posted some of the URLs, but have included links and descriptions that are I think more worthy and interesting. Here goes...
This is a website about puppies and how cute they are. The featured breed at the moment? The bolognese!
Ah, flatulence. Everybody's favourite subject!
What could be more interesting than political fashion? One of those things could be poo. Which is what this website is all about.
This site is obviously part of that Vast Right Wing Conspiracy everyone talks about...
Did you know that between %1 and %2 of Americans have a third nipple? This is the perfect website to find out more about the 'triple nipple'. Includes the advice 'It is your utmost duty to give each of your nipples the same amount of love and care.' Visit this website now!
A page of quietness and simplicity on the overcrowded worldwide web - a blank page for the restless mind.
Ladies and gentlemen, I present - the singing cactus.
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2018 (28)
- ► 2017 (40)
- ► 2016 (71)
- ► 2015 (106)
- ► 2014 (135)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (288)
- ► 2009 (290)
- ► 2008 (316)
- ► 2007 (392)
- ► 2006 (373)
- ► 2005 (287)
- We Seek Him/Her/It Here, We Seek Him/Her/It There
- A Pox On Them!
- Extremely Bad Joke
- How Disagreeable
- Postus Scriptum
- John Howard is a Big Bad Nasty Meany and He Makes ...
- Voting for an Unpronounceability
- Did You Know...
- Boris + Blog = Bloody Good!
- Bush Lieng, People Dieng: An Interview with Iraqwa...
- More Me
- Vile! Offensive! Not Suitable For Anyone! Rather D...
- White Mice Are On Their Way
- I Like To Submit
- Pseud's Corner
- The Political Significance of Green Hair
- Some Of My Best Friends Are Trees
- The Poll that Out Polls the Other Polls
- I Am The Victim of a Weird Temporal-Linguistic Par...
- Non Post
- Longish and Boringer
- Jolly Good
- Wots In The Noos
- Eighty Days In Under Two Hours
- The Perfect Summer Destination
- Important Election Announcement # 2
- Gulag Sounds Nice This Time Of Year
- IMPORTANT ELECTION ANNOUNCEMENT
- Know Any Egyptians?
- Cogito Ergot Margot
- Sydney Notes
- Verbalus Vomitus
- Bus Driver Bus Driver Man
- ▼ September (37)