Reading through the Australian this morning:
ONE third of all Australians list blindness as their most feared affliction -- equal to the number of people who rank cancer as their primary fear. Their anxiety is well-founded.
Now there's a problem that needs seeing to.
Suicide, not war, is biggest killer
GENEVA: Almost one million people kill themselves each year and the number, which exceeds the death toll from murder and war, is expected to hit 1.5 million by 2020, the World Health Organisation (WHO) said Wednesday.
Disgraceful. We need to have more wars immediately to stop these people taking their own lives. What's the good of a Government if it doesn't even take your life for you?
THE therapist's couch, once the sole domain of psychoanalysis, is being challenged by email and phone consultations as powerful tools to battle mental health disorders such as anxiety and depression.
This is ridiculous. You are not going to be able to diagnose serious mental health problems over the internet. Yes you can. Who asked you? That big pink elephant over there. Hey shut up while I'm blogging. No you're not.
THE fall-out from the theft of Edvard Munch's The Scream has hit the National Gallery of Victoria.Norway's Munch Museum has decided not to lend its pastel on cardboard version of the work to the NGV for its upcoming retrospective.
Possible headline: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Plan to use surplus for super
THE Coalition has sought to counter Labor's claims of economic responsibility by proposing a "Future Fund" to invest budget surpluses to help meet the looming costs of an ageing population.
So let me get this straight. They plan to use the surplus plus the super to produce a super-superanuation?
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2018 (28)
- ► 2017 (40)
- ► 2016 (71)
- ► 2015 (106)
- ► 2014 (135)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (288)
- ► 2009 (290)
- ► 2008 (316)
- ► 2007 (392)
- ► 2006 (373)
- ► 2005 (287)
- We Seek Him/Her/It Here, We Seek Him/Her/It There
- A Pox On Them!
- Extremely Bad Joke
- How Disagreeable
- Postus Scriptum
- John Howard is a Big Bad Nasty Meany and He Makes ...
- Voting for an Unpronounceability
- Did You Know...
- Boris + Blog = Bloody Good!
- Bush Lieng, People Dieng: An Interview with Iraqwa...
- More Me
- Vile! Offensive! Not Suitable For Anyone! Rather D...
- White Mice Are On Their Way
- I Like To Submit
- Pseud's Corner
- The Political Significance of Green Hair
- Some Of My Best Friends Are Trees
- The Poll that Out Polls the Other Polls
- I Am The Victim of a Weird Temporal-Linguistic Par...
- Non Post
- Longish and Boringer
- Jolly Good
- Wots In The Noos
- Eighty Days In Under Two Hours
- The Perfect Summer Destination
- Important Election Announcement # 2
- Gulag Sounds Nice This Time Of Year
- IMPORTANT ELECTION ANNOUNCEMENT
- Know Any Egyptians?
- Cogito Ergot Margot
- Sydney Notes
- Verbalus Vomitus
- Bus Driver Bus Driver Man
- ▼ September (37)