kidattypewriter

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Know Any Egyptians?

Does anyone know the conclusion to this poem?

There was a young lady, Egyptian,
Who merits a certain description...

Harry Hutton offers these first two lines in comments below, but seems to have had a memory lapse - he can't remember how it ends. Help me out! I must know the end!
If you don't know the conclusion yourself, make it up! For instance:

There was a young lady, Egyptian
Who merits a certain description:
She knew Cyrilic and Greek
And just for fun, every week,
She would indulge in hieroglyphic decryption.

This singular maiden, it's said,
Fell in love with a scoundrel called Ned
Who was lacking a mother,
And had a dog for a brother -
And the pair determined to wed.

When she turned 22-and-a-third
She took a trip on the back of a bird
To the Amazonian forest
Where she set up shop as a florist
With Ned, to whom I've already referred.

I hereby throw the comments box open to all and sundry to offer possible conclusions to this poem. Put me out of my misery. Winner gets twenty heffalumps mailed to their house!

No comments:

Email: timhtrain - at - yahoo.com.au

eXTReMe Tracker

Blog Archive