This song adds a sense of terrible yet inexorable conquest to even the most everyday of tasks, whether it's putting a hatbox in a cupboard, taking the compost out, or slipping your feet into a pair of socks to keep them warm. True, it is a little incongruous and perhaps inappropriate playing it while doing simple activities, such as crossing the room to get to the other side, but that can't be helped.
As you can imagine, it's also quite useful to add that sense of terrible yet inexorable conquest to an occasion such as, say, terribly yet inexorably conquering an important European country.
This song, somewhat less so.
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2017 (30)
- ► 2016 (71)
- ► 2015 (106)
- ► 2014 (135)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- Thought for the day
- Language is a funny old thing
- A handy definition for a very common occurence
- The propriety of impropriety
- Culture for a Saturday morning
- A list of holes
- We need more doors
- Yoof-um-ism song
- On a certain splurg
- Yeah, that thing
- An ode to Newtown
- Terrifying true tales of encounters with wildlife
- The conclusion I have drawn from the long weekend
- On the pleasures and dangers of naked bike riding
- Answers for aspiring concert pianists
- Book suggestion
- Pink psychological horror
- Musical notations for life
- Too late to be too late
- And so, with a self-satisfied smirk, the poet lays...
- Loudspeaker loudspeaker loudspeaker man
- Grumps, waffles, farts, snorts, and harrumphs: ass...
- ▼ June (23)
- ► 2010 (288)
- ► 2009 (290)
- ► 2008 (316)
- ► 2007 (392)
- ► 2006 (373)
- ► 2005 (287)