kidattypewriter

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

On Still Not Winning The Cholmondeley

Wendy Cope was born in Erith, Kent... in 1987, she received a Cholmondeley Award for Poetry. - Liner notes to Cope's Serious Concerns

Though I wander through streets glolmondley,
And in the cold, my hands twitch nolmondley,
And see people leering dolmondley
At me as I pass by,
I dream of Lords and Ladies colmondley
Laughing primly, laughing plolmondley
At the songs I sing quite rolmondley
That will one day win me the Cholmondley:
Yes, the chumly chaps from Cholmondley
Shall honour me before I die...

Envoi:
My resentments really began to feicester
When I never received the Leicester.

2 comments:

Legal Eagle said...

This cracked me up!

TimT said...

Thanks LE. I derived a ludicrous amount of pleasure from writing 'Rolmondley'!

Email: timhtrain - at - yahoo.com.au

eXTReMe Tracker

Blog Archive