The Quiggin Appeal
Presented by such unknown celebrities as (Not) Russell Crowe, Angelina Jolies Second Cousin(Ten Times Removed), and Elle MacPherson, and Some Other Chick.
(Not) Russell Crowe: Hello, and welcome to Channel Quiggin, where for the next 24 hours, ecentric economist John Quiggin will be running this appeal to help the Tsunami victims of Asia.
Angelina Jolies Second Cousin (Ten Times Removed): Yes! In a vain attempt to up the number of readers and commenters at his site, Quiggin has promised to donate a dollar to a charity for every comment that appears in this post from now until Sunday midnight, Australian Time!
Elle Macpherson: I'm just here to look pretty and provide some neat filler while the producers set up the next camera shot!
Some Other Chick: And I've no idea what I'm doing here at all. First thing I know I'm watching my DVD of Legally Blonde, next thing I appear in this guys blog! I mean, sheesh! Talk about gratuitous!
(Not) Russell Crowe: So viewer, come on over to Channell Quiggin and make a comment, or even better, start an argument! Do it for the children!
Angelina Jolies Cousin (Ten Times Removed): And just to keep you interested, we'll cross now to the steps of the Sydney Opera House, where Anthony Callea is just going to sing his hit song...
Camera pans over the steps of the Opera House. Anthony Callea steps up to the podium, when all of a sudden, and for no reason at all... ten people dressed in Gorilla suits rush up the steps and beat Callea to death with their bare paws.
Angelina Jolies Cousin (Ten Times Removed): Er ... yes.... hahaha, Quiggin just called and said 'no swearing or offensive comments', so I guess we'll have to cut out the gratuitous violence as well... oh well...
(Not) Russell Crowe: But anyway, stay tuned to Channel Quiggin!
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2016 (58)
- ► 2015 (106)
- ► 2014 (135)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (288)
- ► 2009 (290)
- ► 2008 (316)
- ► 2007 (392)
- ► 2006 (373)
- Two Degrees of Separation, Blog Style
- Coffee Spoonerisms
- My TV Loves Me
- Blogging At Work
- Housecleaning Meditations
- But What About the Scat Pack?
- Just So You Know
- Blog Dates from Hell
- Dear John
- Go or No?
- Blogging Into the Void
- I Am Diverse, Multicultural, and Tolerant
- Horsing Around
- Definitive Proof
- Woman Talk Man Talk
- Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Brisvegas
- Imperial Measurement of the Week
- Hate Mail Anticipated
- Blabbering about Jabbernoir
- Channel Quiggin
- Your Assistunc Plez
- Pregrogblog Blogpost
- Supposedly Funny Contribution made to Allegedly 'F...
- The Romantic Redneck
- Morning With The McBeths
- The Ill Begotten Spawn of Satan and a Poo Sandwich...
- Baghdad Girl
- Caught Within Her Steely Talons
- Pro Procastination
- Don't Blame Me, I Only Wrote It
- Vote For Me, But Not Too Much
- Things Every Little Boy Should Know
- Happy New Year
- ▼ January (36)