"Prosaic language cannot convey the experience."
The axe-wielding maniac had a very prosaic howl.
The box that contained the rare blood-sucking butterfly looked very grey and prosaic.
The boring poems written by the boring poet were very prosaic.
"PAY ATTENTION OLD MAN!" woofed Lassie. "TIMMY O'TOOLE HAS FALLEN DOWN THE WELL, AND ONLY HE KNOWS ABOUT THE SECRET GESTAPO PLANS FOR INVASION!"
"What a prosaic bark you have, Lassie," said Grandfather McGurrity, and patted the pretty dog on its pretty little head.
The highly intelligent professor, who had made it her life's work to study the conduits, sewers, and drainage systems of cities and towns all over the world, at various points in human history, the ditch water was not prosaic at all. It was highly poetic, in fact, and caused a deep spiritual yearning to awaken within her soul.
To everyone else, however, the ditch water was very prosaic. The ditch water was, to employ a term, as dull as ditch water. Indeed, to some of them, the ditch water was even more dull than ditch water. You can't get more prosaic than that.
The books that were given to the class of very talented music students were rather prosaic. Consequently, when exam time came, they all failed.
It was then that the nightingale decided that it was rather prosaic singing the same song, night after night. It entered law school the day after and became a barrister in a top legal firm, and never sang again.
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2017 (39)
- ► 2016 (71)
- ► 2015 (106)
- ► 2014 (135)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- ► 2011 (261)
- I'll take miscellaneous
- I can’t believe it took me five years to invent th...
- Using it in a sentence
- Not feeling very positronic about all this
- Proposal for a new AFL team
- Have you ever...
- For no reason at all
- Proposed advertising campaigns for somewhat obscur...
- Now let me tell you a small story about one of my ...
- Reasonable and logical
- Attention vegetarians
- Bush poetry, maaaaaate
- Recorded for posterity, or whatever comes after th...
- Whatever floats your boat into a particular port i...
- Off your facebook
- An open and heartfelt letter
- Proverbs, antiverbs
- A nice picture of a bit of a truck
- A nightmare scenario
- Masterchef spin offs
- Labor loses election, stays in government
- Zsa Zsas in my eyes...
- News you can rely on
- A good day in my books is a day in my good books
- Three headlines looking for a column
- A limerick about Ned, and other disappointing piec...
- ▼ September (28)
- ► 2009 (290)
- ► 2008 (316)
- ► 2007 (392)
- ► 2006 (373)
- ► 2005 (287)