kidattypewriter

Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Zsa Zsas in my eyes...

An ode to Zsa Zsa Gabor

The wistful wind whispers, it whispers a name,
It murmurs a rumour, a rumour of fame,
It carries it here like a dream from afar,
And that name the wind whispers – that name is Zsa Zsa.

When you first arrived, Zsa Zsa, in your tutu,
The gents all went gaga, the ladies went goo-goo,
Yes your magic, your mojo, your jubilant juju
Had the suitors all lined up crying ‘me’ and ‘me too!’
- There was even some talk of the drummer from U2 -
For you O for you the whole planet went cuckoo
O Zsa Zsa O Zsa Zsa Gabor.

And the fashion the frocks the frou frou the ricrac
The high necks the low necks the notions the knick-knacks
With the tszujed-up zigzag and sequins as well
By Fifi and Mimi and Coco Chanel –
How much more we adored you O Zsa Zsa Gabor.

When they played on the tom-toms and you danced to the cha-cha
When you shook your pink pompoms with voom and with va va
When you boogied your woogie with Princes and Rajas
And they looked up and cried ‘could it be – ZSA ZSA!’
And then they were then they were sure, O Zsa Zsa Gabor.

And the papers all prattled they babbled their blah blah
With their yadda yadda, their so so, their pish posh, their ha-ha,
But I didn’t care what they said, I cried ‘la la’
For to me you were always the ultimate star
I love you I love you galore O Zsa Zsa Gabor.

May you live forever O wondrous Zsa Zsa
May you feast on bananas and chocolate rum babas
And Turkish delight and baklava and more
And Kit Kats and Tic Tacs and Picnics galore,
O lovely, so lovely Ms Zsa Zsa Gabor.

2 comments:

broken biro said...

This is such a great poem, Tim - I bet it sound fantastic read aloud. In fact... I'm going to do that RIGHT NOW.

Love it! (also the WV, which is 'hotee' - perhaps you could incorporate that into the poem - lots of totty/botty possibilities there... hmmm)

TimT said...

Think I'll give it a go - tonight. Going to a slam.

Other words considered included Boutros Boutros, Desmond Tutu, Mbutu, Can Can, Muu-Muu, and, just now, hottentot.

Think I cab slip a Tip Top in there by tonight though.

Email: timhtrain - at - yahoo.com.au

eXTReMe Tracker

Blog Archive