kidattypewriter

Friday, November 25, 2005

Leaky Pen

Hi! I'm Bill Leak, award-winning artist! This is my story, and it's all about me!

In case you were wondering what I look like, here's a self-portrait by me!



Aren't I attractive?

You know, I've had a long and fascinating career as a media-commentator, caricaturist, satirist, and above all, as an ARTIST for many of our major Australian newspapers. In fact, all two of them. And I'd like to tell you about it now!

In the beginning, I experimented with a number of artistic methods, including cubism and other such non-Bill Leak styles.
Here's one of my earliest cartoons. It's slightly reminiscent of Pollock, slightly preminiscent of Emin, and I like to think it has a little Breughel in there, too:



Touching, isn't it?

I quickly developed my own unique and original style, and it was during the Whitlam years that I REALLY started making the big bucks. Here's a cartoon I did then:



Side-splitting, isn't it? But nowadays I don't like to be so realistic in style.

Right at the moment, for instance, I'm going through what can only be described as my 'squiggly phase'. I like to think it combines minimalist complexity with a maximalist simplicity.



Ah. I'm reall proud of my work, and I only hope you'll like it, too. Actually, I don't give a stuff if you like it, so long as you publish it and give me big steaming wads of cash. After all, I am a genius.

- BILL LEAK

No comments:

Email: timhtrain - at - yahoo.com.au

eXTReMe Tracker

Blog Archive