kidattypewriter

Sunday, May 02, 2010

The relationship between insignificance and unsignifier

There's a shop called TOFWD that I always pass when I make my way to Sticky to do a spot of photocopying, or maybe buy a zine or two. It's called The Organic Food and Wine Deli or something like that, I don't know. Anyway, whenever I pass it I automatically think 'TOFU With Disabilities'. Which is a pretty odd thing to think about, because what sort of disability could tofu - a shapeless, tasteless, limbless, brainless clod of white substance - possibly have? Maybe I haven't been paying attention? The mind boggles.

Anyway, this meaningless post about a meaningless sign that does not mean what I think it means, means nothing. I just wanted to make a note of it here. Sorry for wasting your time, you can go back now to climbing that mountain or writing that post-post-postmodernist masterpiece, or whatever it was you were doing.

TOFU-RELATED UPDATE! - Tofu's a pretty strange thing when you think about it. Somewhere in the world there's got to be a vast tofu factory that contains endless styrofoam crates containing humongous blocks of tofu, stacked one on top of the other, right up to the ceiling, flobbling around in that flobbery way that tofu has. Yet how could people tell where the tofu ends and the styrofoam crates begin? When you think about it, this is probably not a thing you should think about.

No comments:

Email: timhtrain - at - yahoo.com.au

eXTReMe Tracker

Blog Archive