kidattypewriter

Monday, March 05, 2007

The Things On Pier 39, and other San Francisco Pictures

There they were - huge colourless mounds of gray alien blubber, sprawled about: an involuntary shiver went up my spine as I contemplated them. Occasionally, they would open up their huge mouths and emit fearsome bestial yelps and howls - it was terrifying!



And those were just the tourists!
A little down from the famous Pier 39 on Fisherman's Wharf, I found this:



The little known Pier One-and-a-half.

Later on the same day, I met with the infamous Tom Miller (commenter extraordinaire on Rachy's blog), the irascible Mark, and their respective partners!

Two days later, I met up with Mark and Pam and Mark took me to see some sites around the countryside, including the church where Hitchock filmed 'The Birds' ...



And through the impossibly rich Californian countryside!





After a while, one blade of grass came to look just like another. I'm buggered if I can tell where any of these pictures were taken, now.

Back in the city for a final two nights:



This is the cable-car stop on Powell Street and Market Street at night.



And this is the shot of some poets at a bar I went to on my final evening in San Francisco. Doesn't it look all arty with the lighting and stuff? Plus, if you squint hard enough, you can see her... ahem!

I'm off now to see a musical, but I'll be back later with some pics from my trip to Philadelphia!

No comments:

Email: timhtrain - at - yahoo.com.au

eXTReMe Tracker

Blog Archive