Today is the International day of Not Very Much! You celebrate it by leaning, loitering, lying, lazing, lolling about, lollygagging, and by putting off for the day after what you had been meaning to do tomorrow.
I'll be back in a little while to give more details about it, if I could be bothered.
UPDATE! - The International Day of Not Very Much started twenty years ago (or some such period of time), when Mr Blewis got out of bed and decided that they'd rather go back to bed instead.
He spent the next ten hours of the day (which he should have been using to paint the house, clean his garage, mow the lawn, walk the dog, call his mother, or rearrange his bookshelf) by avoiding any exercise whatsoever. This was a bit difficult at first, as it took a bit of effort; the trick, he found, was not to think about it too much.
Some things you might like to do on the International Day of Not Very Much:
- Watch television in a relaxed fashion!
- Idly leaf through a book of short stories without really bothering to read it! (That's just a little too much exercise for your eyes)
- Scrutinise a rose on a rose-bush to see if you can catch it growing!
- Contemplate the various types of apathy that it is possible for a person to experience, and count how many of them you have experienced!
- Have a long and leisurely bath (but only if it's not too much trouble running it*)
- Do Nothing in Particular for lengthy periods of time, and then continue to do it!
Over time, thanks to the determined apathy of its thousands of international celebrants, the 'International Day of Not Very Much' can extend into an 'International Week of Not Very Much'.** For God's sake, don't worry about it. Once you start worrying, you might end up doing things again. And nobody wants that.
*I suggest getting a slave to run it for you.
** Sometimes, it can even turn into an 'International Year of Not Very Much' - an ideal arrangement, since by the time the year ends, the next 'International Day of Not Very Much' comes around, and can be turned into an 'International Year of Not Very Much', through very little effort.
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (288)
- ► 2009 (290)
- ► 2008 (316)
- ► 2007 (392)
- An Exercise in Comparative Literature
- God Versus the Publishers
- Who The Hell
- Typing For Food
- A Mild Speech To My Skin Condition
- New Political Nomenclature
- Australia Day Post!
- Funny To Be Trying
- Inspiring Epigram For Dogs
- Dispatches From The Bureau Of Grammatological Regu...
- Bark to Nature
- Remake of the Year
- The Age Letters Page
- The International Day of Not Very Much
- Mispelling Is Vulgar
- Facts About Australian Flora and Fauna
- Now You Know Your ABC
- Headlines for the SMS Generation
- Due to Budgetary Constraints, This Headline Has Be...
- Ways To Amuse Yourself #5
- The Parable of the Three Men In The Boat
- On the Male Neck Tie
- Eight Words Other Than 'Failure' That Rhyme With A...
- Poetic Imagery My Arse
- Moment Musicale
- Blue Psued Pshoes
- Tim's Of The Blog World
- Sometimes The Australian Media Disgusts Me
- Communist Ninja Shark Attack!
- Light Relief
- Cooking With Tim
- The Zen Theory of Comedy
- Expand Your Vocabulary
- Inspirational Verse
- Giving Your Child An Inspirational Name
- 2005 - (Re Reading Lists)
- What's That Sound?
- ▼ January (40)
- ► 2005 (287)