kidattypewriter

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Moment Musicale

"So how do you want me to start?"

"A duo, please. Molto largo."

"But won't the neighbours hear?"

"Let them. I'll take the basso, you take the treble clef."

"We always did it the other way around ..."

"Don't worry. You'll treble soon enough, and then I'll get the chance to mount that clef for myself."

"Like this?"

"Yes, yes ... but take it steadily. Lentissimo!"

"And pianissimo?"

"My dear, pui pianissimo - that's the way!"

"Ah."

"Yes. That's right! Oh, deary - you truly are the maestro!"

"Dolce?"

"Con Dolce, Con Molto Dolce!"

"Such a timbre!"

"And now, molto piano. That's right!"

"Con moto! Ah, such a movement!"

"Yes - now, Andante, con mobile - good, good - OOH!"

"Yes?"

"Don't stop now, maestro!"

"Now, the moderato passage."

"PUI APPASSIONAZZA!"

"I beg your pardon?"

"Don't take it at such a slow pace! I want a spring in your music! Staccato!"

"Almost - allegretto?"

"Si - I mean, yes! Molto allegretto, molto forte - that's good!"

"Ah, but I can do better."

"Ooh! Hee hee hee! Yes, very good - the student becomes the maestro!"

"Forzando!"

"SFORZANDO! With FEELING!"

"Allegro!"

"Ma non troppo, maestro, please."

"With accents ..."

"Si! Accents, and leggerio!"

"I like your leggerio!"

"Now - allegro moderato!"

"Oh - allegro VIVACE, please!"

"Ah - please - a little ritenueto!"

"Like that?"

"Oooh my, yes - you ARE doing well!"

"Such a bel canto!"

"Sforzando again, maestro!"

"Sforzando, molto a molto!"

"Fortissimo!"

"FORTE fortissimo!"

"Accelerando!"

"Now PRESTO!"

"PRESTO PRESTISSIMO!"

"PRESTO PRESTISSIMO FURIOSO!"

"SI!"

"SI!"

"BELLA!"

"DONNA!"

"SI!"

"SI!"

"SI!"

"SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!"


***


"Well ... "

"Well ..."

"How was it for you?"

"Oh, maestro ...!"

"Then, why not ..."

"Ah, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"Da capo?"

"That would be fine ..."

"But ...?"

"But this time ... I think it's time for us to try ... the trio ..."

FINE

CODA
Piano lessons, anyone?
(Via L.I.P.)

7 comments:

roseg said...

That was really good. How much do I owe you?

The Aunt said...

16 years of choral work and whilst some of it was genuinely transcendentally ecstatic, especially the bits in public in cathedrals, I had NEVER realised the possibilities that lie in the vocab.

I live and learn.

TimT said...

You know, when I read this afterwards, I thought, 'what the hell have I just written? This is just like an examination in musical theory!' Shows you what piano lessons will do for you - they're no fucking good at all!

Glad you all, er, got something out of it.

Anonymous said...

I need some time alone now

TimT said...

Rascuache, tried to find your blog. Link doesn't seem to work. I hope you weren't taking your special time with yourself on a public blog, that could get very messy.

Anonymous said...

tim,

Blog is temporarily unavailable due to a server upgrade,

Will be back up soon, I use the url as a tool to be able to post comments as i do not have a blogger account and do not see the point as i have a perfectly good blog that alas is temporarily out of order.

TimT said...

Ah, I'll visit in a couple of days then!

Email: timhtrain - at - yahoo.com.au

eXTReMe Tracker

Blog Archive