kidattypewriter

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Pointless Epigrams on Various Bloggers

Mostly written on the tram.

1.
Tim Blair
Doesn't care.

2.
Kate
Is rarely late,
But like Priam*,
I am.

*I don't actually think Priam was late for anything important in his life, but I needed to get a rhyme somehow.

3.
Ampersand Duck
Shows courage and pluck
And noble tenacity*
In her vim and veracity.

*Not to mention an astounding capacity
For sagacity.


4.
Dr H. (first name, Lexicon)
Is recently Mexican.
She knows where she's at, man,
Her electorate's Batman.*

*Plus she has a neat flat, man,
And don't own a cat, man.


5.
There is a bean,
A certain bean,
Whose mad exploits of derring do are known to King & Queen;
He's jolly keen,
This bean, I mean,
Whose name, in case you hadn't guessed, is Nottlesbean!

6.
Diogenes,
sage
Of the internet
age,
Inveighs against
Soviets
At The Melbourne
Age.


7.
Him
Funny
Him
Smart
Him's
Blog's
Pure
Art
Him
Write
Quite
Clever
Him
Write
Bad
Never.

Him
Tim.

8.
Tony T
Drinks tea.

9.
The redoubtable Dr Cat
Owns this and that
And can beat out a 10,000 word review of 10 volumes of books in 10 seconds flat.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like them, especially the Diogenes one.

We know Tim Train
Would never deign
To write anything lewd
On Will Type for Food

TimT said...

Yes, despite my appalling rhyming of 'age' with 'age', I thought some of these came out all right. Thank you very much for the clerihew about myself. I shall try to live up to it.

I just updated this post to add a final piece about Dr Cat.

Tim said...

Thanks for the epigram. It's got a beat you can dance to.

Kerryn Goldsworthy said...

Heh.

Anonymous said...

Obama's association with the record company executive is a clue offered to show he doesn't care about the black community. Ironically, blacks will go out and vote for him BECAUSE he is black(ish).

TimT said...

I heartily welcome that utterly random comment that has nothing to do with this post!

Anonymous said...

Actually I am utterly inconsistent and run late 50 percent of the time and the other 50 percent am absurdly early.

TimT said...

How about this:

Kate
Is sometimes late
And sometimes early
But when she's late
She's much less surly.

Hmm, perhaps not very complimentary...

Email: timhtrain - at - yahoo.com.au

eXTReMe Tracker

Blog Archive