I got a packet of salt and vinegar chips the other day. Not Samboys, those things seem to have disappeared. Smith's Salt and Vinegar chips. I noticed that they were described as 'crinkle cut'. What is 'crinkle cut'? I opened the packet and they turned out to be ruffled. Since when did 'ruffled' chips start to be described as 'crinkle cut'? The names surely describe very different things.
Besides, anyone who knows anything about cast iron will know that these chips aren't crinkled, and they may not even be ruffled
- they're corrugated.
Incidentally, how come no-one ever sells ruffled/corrugated fried chips anymore?
And while I'm on the subject, people also have a habit of describing chips as 'crisps'. This is almost as bad as describing the milk bar/McDonalds variety as 'Fries' or 'French Fries', though none of these terms can live down to the execrable term 'Freedom Fries'.
This sort of thing would never have happened if Chicken Cackles were still around. But at least Toobs are making a resurgence.
TO SUM UP:
- Salt and vinegar chips can be ruffled, but not crinkle cut.
- It's possible that they may make ruffled chips and corrugated iron at the same factory.
- 'Chips', not 'crisps'.
- And definitely not 'French Fries' or 'Freedom Fries'.
- What the hell happened to Samboys?
- Who was the scumbag who put Chicken Cackles out of business?
- Toobs are back!
- That is all.
I hope you've all learnt something from this. Thank you for your time.
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2017 (38)
- ► 2016 (71)
- ► 2015 (106)
- ► 2014 (135)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (288)
- ► 2009 (290)
- ► 2008 (316)
- Take That, Spenserian Stanza!
- Five Hundred Year Old Poetry For The Moment
- From Yesterday's Weekend Australian Magazine
- No Ilk Bar In Sight
- Disparaging Reviews of Everyday Objects
- Pointless Epigrams on Various Bloggers
- Blink And You'll Miss Her...
- Post For Broadway Geeks
- Television For Extremely Inattentive People
- Answering the Big Questions, Questioning the Big A...
- This Is All Tony Blair's Fault
- The Latest Ultimate Question
- List Of Smitings
- Another Poem
- Nothing Could Be Finer Than a Cup of Old One-Liner...
- What the Queen Said About Robert Menzies
- Fashion Charade
- I Went To the Brothel, And All I Got Was This Lous...
- Further Questions Answered
- A Clerihew
- The Department of Emoticon Regulation Answers Freq...
- Free Existence With Every Second Furniture Purchas...
- A Scientific Experiment
- Autobiography At Second Hand
- Cop That, Thomas Edison!
- Now We Know Why This Crocodile is Smiling...
- What To Expect When You're Expecting Satan
- One-word haikus
- Terse and Werse
- Obligatory 300 Post
- Unfortunately, Your Child Is Displaying All The Sy...
- Don't Move! There's a Fire-Breathing Freak-Beast F...
- Warning: Clowns Ahead
- Thought For The Day
- Colonel Pyatnivski
- Stanley, Hand Me The Axe
- Switched On To Switching Off
- Sither That Wedge
- Good Film See - You Look Look Now!
- ▼ April (41)
- ► 2006 (373)
- ► 2005 (287)