kidattypewriter

Friday, September 08, 2006

The Meme Scheme

Amperssand Duck has this meme on her blog, so I'll just lift it onto mine:

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 4 sentences on your blog along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.

Doing this at work, and I have six books around me - all street directories, all quite useless for this task. Fortunately, I bought in 'The Innocence of Father Brown' to read on my break! The results:
'And now I come to think of it,' he cried, 'why in the name of madness shouldn't he be all right? What is it gets hold of a man on these cursed cold mountains? I think it's the black, brainless repetition; all these forests, and over all an ancient horror of unconsciousness. It's like the dream of an atheist.'

So there!

UPDATE! - For the record, here's a brief selection from p. 123 of the Queensland State Directory (Cities and Towns).
Gladstone
Joins Map 2
Worthington St
Kellet St
Amelia St
Hill Cr
Glenlyon Rd
South Gladstone
College of TAFE

Exciting, hmmn?

1 comment:

Shelley said...

This gave way in the nineteenth century to graveyards at the town limits, largely municipally owned and operated. etctera

The closest book, under a pile of bills and junkmail, would just happen to be 'The American Way of Death.' Quite fitting really.

Maybe I should post this.

Email: timhtrain - at - yahoo.com.au

eXTReMe Tracker

Blog Archive