So anyway, thinking of becoming a hermit, heading into the desert as one of the biblical nomads and raving out prophecies of the kingdom to come beneath the moon. But first I've got to find out some things:
1. What's the going price on sackcloth and ashes, and what the heck are they, anyway?
2. Wild honey and locusts: am I supposed to keep them in the fridge, or just somewhere cool, like the pantry?
3. Anybody know where I can find a nice cave fronting the desert, with sandy views and possibly a little pool of sand out the back? What's the mortgage on one of these things, anyway?
4. Is there any 'Hermit's Union' or 'Friendly Society of Nutters' that I can sign up to? Got to know my rights as a hermit, after all.
I've already tried smearing myself in red dust and wandering up and down Flinders Street, muttering 'Alms for the poor, alms for the poor'. But I already have arms, so that seemed a bit oxymoronical.
Oh, and I've been trying some costumes on. What do you think about this one?
Pillars maketh the hermit.
You've gotta look snappy to be an ascetic nowadays. Gotta move with the times, that's what I say.
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2016 (60)
- ► 2015 (106)
- ► 2014 (135)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (288)
- ► 2009 (290)
- ► 2008 (316)
- ► 2007 (392)
- AFL Grand Final
- I'll Give You Tattoos!
- A Brief Post About Figures of Speech
- Murdering With a Grin
- Egg-Nogging and Blogging: A Matter of Grave Concer...
- Quite, Unquite
- One Sunday Morning, There Was a Beatnik In My Awni...
- Breaking News: Laughing Man Laughs
- A Style in the While of S J Perelman
- Thoughts on Fossils From One Who May Someday Be a ...
- Congratulations, It's An Appendix
- Quote of the Day
- Law for the Lawless
- Nobel Prize in Chemistry and Physics Won By Andy's...
- In This Workplace, We Obey The Law of Gravity
- Another Cosmopolitan Experience in This Multicultu...
- A Defence of Doctor Who
- La Femme, La Gun, La Petit Kitten
- Cometh the Hour, Cometh the Duck
- Apropros of Nothing ...
- The Platonic Couch Meets Reality
- Lost in Thailand ...
- Fair and Balanced
- What I'm Reading
- Important News!
- Some Of The Lesser Known Sequels To Mein Kampf
- Important Announcement!
- What Does Google Know About Shakespeare?
- A Political Dilemma
- The Meme Scheme
- I Feel Like Radioactive Chicken Tonight
- Jolly Penguin Jape
- Vengeance of the Scaly Ones
- What's The Going Price on Sackcloth and Ashes?
- Meals Which Should Not Have Been Invented
- A Number of Television Shows Could Be Improved By ...
- The Age Melbourne Festivals
- Appointment, The Opposite Of
- How To Understand The Melbourne Writers' Festival
- So, Since It's Getting Late on a Saturday Night .....
- Amazing Jowl Man
- Blog News Presented As Tongue Twisters
- ▼ September (42)
- ► 2005 (287)