kidattypewriter

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Grumble grumble

I am a little disappointed in the efficiency and dedication to the task of this particular cold that I have at the moment. Although it has left me with a suitably sore throat in the mornings, and a persistent cough throughout the day, it's worth ethic leaves something to be desired: namely, it hasn't been nearly bad enough to give me an excuse to take leave off work.

Also: it seems to have reserved its worst excesses largely for the Friday and Saturday, the first two days of my five-day holiday.

As a matter of fact, if I were to return a report on my cold's performance in the manner of an employer rating their employee, I would have to impress upon it that it's punctuality and productivity so far have been decidedly lacking. It has frequently not shown up during work hours, and it has not performed as expected during those times when it has shown up. CAN DO BETTER, cold.

After weeks of encouraging other miserable, red-nosed, husky-throated cold sufferers to share, it is more than a little disappointing.

2 comments:

Legal Eagle said...

We have this pesky almost cold as well - it leaves you feeling unwell, but not unwell enough to stay at home in bed. It's most annoying.

TimT said...

We need someone to send 'get sick soon' cards to us.

Email: timhtrain - at - yahoo.com.au

eXTReMe Tracker

Blog Archive