Clothes need buttons so we can close them up and not go around with things hanging out that shouldn't be hanging out, and so does the internet. Need buttons, I mean. Just look at Facebook - if it didn't have a 'Like' button, all manner of bizarre and strange and crazy and obscene things would come falling out of it. Also, when you click the 'Like' button on Facebook, you leave a tiny, indelible mark on the internet, so that when, millennia from now, people will rediscover the internet, they will be able to see that you liked, (or possibly did not, but wanted to give an indication to the contrary) a tiny thing on the internet that was probably insignificant in the greater scheme of things. This is clearly an invaluable social service.
But why stop at the 'Like' button? Why not have a 'Dislike' button? Why not a 'Nervous and Anxious' button? There is a whole spectrum of social interrelationships and personal emotions that Facebook is neglecting. This post, hopefully, will go a small way to rectifying this.
Obviously, the buttons don't do anything. Making them actually do something would be to advance to a level of expertise that is far, far beyond my capabilities. What, I gave you buttons, don't you ever stop asking for more more more?
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2020 (15)
- ► 2019 (22)
- ► 2018 (28)
- ► 2017 (40)
- ► 2016 (71)
- ► 2015 (106)
- ► 2014 (135)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- A most distinct distinction
- My anarcho-communal-freegan-groovy-man-biodynamic-...
- Forgot to do what I wasn't going to do
- Smashulosity: a Friday meditation
- Attention facebook users!
- Unfunny Unfair
- The Liberace clerihews
- HEY LOOK AT ME I’M A SHIRT I’M A SHIRT I’M A
- All this and less
- Aphorism about a certain author
- Groundbreaking ideas for new 24 hour businesses
- More earth hour poems
- Names of acclaim
- An earth hour poem
- Fine dining for giants
- Stare into the vortex of horror
- Celebrity, sort of
- Celebrity, public
- Another one for the fictionary
- Serious Concerns about Making Cocoa in my Prehisto...
- ▼ March (20)
- ► 2010 (288)
- ► 2009 (290)
- ► 2008 (316)
- ► 2007 (392)
- ► 2006 (373)
- ► 2005 (287)