kidattypewriter

Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Sign up to my marriage counselling service, everyone!

Get in early: sign a prenuptial disagreement before marriage so you don't have to worry about it after. 

Arrange for a divorce to be held before you get married. It is a far neater way of doing things. Hold a touching ceremony for the whole family you will be breaking up: nobody will be able to stop themselves from crying at the traditional ceremony of the Taking Back of the Engagement Rings - but who will be able to wake for the excitement that is the Cutting of the Financial Cake? 

(Oh yeah, and hold a wedding and stuff after too, I guess.)

If you prepare and do things right, it will only strengthen your marriage bonds. Although you might end up having make-up sex without having anything to make-up about, which is a bit too S and M for some... I guess. 

3 comments:

TimT said...

"Aravis also had many quarrels (and, I'm afraid even fights) with Cor, but they always made it up again: so that years later, when they were grown up they were so used to quarreling and making it up again that they got married so as to go on doing it more conveniently." - C S Lewis, 'The Horse and his Boy'

Steve said...

Wow, cute quote! I don't think I ever got around to reading that one.

In the meantime - everything is OK in the Train household??

TimT said...

Yeah, pretty good Steve - this is just something I jotted down in my notebook that needed a home!

Email: timhtrain - at - yahoo.com.au

eXTReMe Tracker

Blog Archive