kidattypewriter

Monday, August 15, 2011

Suggestion for the day

Replace the teaching of the base ten number system with a number system based on feelings. Therefore, teaching of the times tables, arithmetic, and other simple mathematical skills could be quickly and easily replaced with a method in which the answers to maths problems are worked out based on a passive-aggressive class-based negotiation, eg: "You feel that the answer is 'hurt'? I am frustrated at your conclusion, and applying my frustration, I find that the answer is 'regretful' instead."

I can't see the public schools having any problems with teaching a feeling-based number system at all. Actually, I'm surprised they haven't implemented it years ago.

4 comments:

Alexis, Baron von Harlot said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alexis, Baron von Harlot said...

Instead of Cuisenaire Rods, they could use queasy-air rods.

Hm.

Sorry.

Alexis, Baron von Harlot said...

Not only was that not funny, but I mangled the link in the first attempt to boot.

TimT said...

I thought you were talking about cooking not maths. I had a joke about gastronaut and gastroenteritis lined up - which would have been far worse.

Email: timhtrain - at - yahoo.com.au

eXTReMe Tracker

Blog Archive