kidattypewriter

Monday, August 02, 2004

Spam Scam

What new lows will I sink to in order to get a job? Here is my latest blatant attempt at self-publicity:

CAN I GET WORK VIA THE NETWORK? AN UNCONVENTIONAL JOB APPLICATION

Dear Potential Employer,

In a blatant attempt at promoting his many talents for employers, a young Novocastrian has set up a website showcasing his resume and his writing skills.
The website, titled Will Type For Food, is located at
http://www.willtypeforfood.blogspot.com/, and Tim Train, the creator, hopes to put the widespread blogging community to good use.
He says of the project: “I’m offering a prize for the person whose tip-off leads me to get a job; I also have made a shirt by screen-printing which I can wear around Newcastle, showing off my website address to as many potential employers as possible.”
He has also emailed many local Hunter websites in the hope of securing links for his website and getting a wide local readership.
The content of the website is varied, featuring job-ad parodies, several surveys about job-related issues, satirical articles and stories, as well as a number of general interest items, in the hopes of further broadening his audience. There is even a section giving advice to employers who wish to find the right employee. (Hint: it involves calling Mr. Train and saying “You’ve got the job.”)
“If it works, employers will soon see what a fantastically talented and dedicated employee I would be,” laughs Mr. Train. “Even if I do say so myself.”
So, what happens next? Can Mr. Train really GET WORK BY THE NETWORK? Employers – it’s over to you!

Tim Train
http://www.willtypeforfood.blogspot.com/
0423 364 097

I shall terrorise all publishers, media outlets and publicity agencies in the region with this letter until they bow to my will and take me on as valuable member of their staff!

No comments:

Email: timhtrain - at - yahoo.com.au

eXTReMe Tracker

Blog Archive