kidattypewriter

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

If I may just take a little of your time

GOOD FUNGUS!
The mushrooms we've been growing in the shower recess for the past few months.

BAD FUNGUS!
The mushrooms we found that looked like the mushrooms we'd been growing so we ate them but might actually have been a yellow-stainer mushroom though we didn't get sick phew that was a close one.

GOOD FUNGUS!
Yeast, that wondrous eukaryotic microorganism that does... whatever eukaryotic microorganisms are supposed to do to make bread rise, and beer ferment.

BAD FUNGUS!
Tinea!

GOOD FUNGUS!
Mucor miehei, the wondrous coagulant found in vegetables that makes milk curdle, thus making the process of cheese-making so much easier for you if you don't want to use animal rennet!

BAD FUNGUS!
The mould that I found growing on one half a lemon I hadn't squeezed yet.

GOOD FUNGUS!
Champignons!

QUESTIONABLE FUNGUS!
Magic mushrooms! Because it's your own choice but surely there are more profitable ways of using your time?

Thank you for letting me take up just a little bit of your time in order to make this qualitative list of fungi.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOD FUNGUS!

The fungal elements that act symbiotically with plant roots thus assisting the uptake of nutrients.

BAD FUNGUS!

Aspergillomas. Look them up.

Once I inhaled the rind of some brie and wondered whether I might end up with an enormous fungal ball in my lung. So far, so good.

TimT said...

The Baron once met someone who had to have a brain operation because of a fungus that should not have been there; perhaps that was an aspergillomas. When she told me the story though all I could think of was a person with a mushroom growing in their head though.

Email: timhtrain - at - yahoo.com.au

eXTReMe Tracker

Blog Archive