kidattypewriter

Monday, December 19, 2011

Present mild, past tense

Last night, after presenting my brother with his, well, present, (a box set of early Dr Whos), he announced that he had already got this particular boxed set, and presented his present back to us.

This morning, after toddling down to the JB Hi Fi, he presently found a, well, what do you know, another present, a boxed set, which he presented to us. I presented this present to the people behind the counter, and presently was able to present this present back to my brother. Which he is presumably presently about to enjoy (after he gets back off the flight to Newcastle with my parents, I mean).

I've heard Christmas is supposed to be about the giving, not the taking, but, you know, having a fancy, shiny new DVD box set sitting on my table, I can't see anything wrong with it - at the present.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clearly you had not been prescient about the present.

TimT said...

I did have a vague present presentiment though. It was good no one resented what was presented, though.

Anonymous said...

Awesome work good sir.

Email: timhtrain - at - yahoo.com.au

eXTReMe Tracker

Blog Archive